Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in the Greater Houston Area
Bioidentical Doctors in the Midtown and Neartown Houston Areas are experts in using bioidentical hormone replacement therapy to treat conditions related to hormonal decline. Bioidentical hormones can replace declining hormones in both men and women, and because they play such an important role in health and wellness, reduced levels can create a number of imbalances and health conditions.
Some of these concerns can become extremely noticeable as aging occurs in both men and women. Numerous physical signs and symptoms that can greatly reduce the quality of life may become apparent with hormonal decline. Some of the conditions that Houston men and women can have improved with bioidentical hormones include:
- Adrenal Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders occur when your adrenal glands make too much or not enough hormones. These glands produce hormones that you can’t live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can be used to bring your adrenal hormone levels back to optimal levels.
- Andropause is marked by the declining production of testosterone in men. This usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. BHRT is a natural therapy to restore youthful levels of testosterone and relieve the symptoms of andropause.
- Fibromyalgia is another autoimmune condition that mainly affects women over fifty, and it can be difficult to diagnose because it can mimic other conditions. The main symptom of fibromyalgia is widespread body pain that manifests in the muscles. Other symptoms may include irregular menstrual cycles, stiffness, migraines, depression, reduced cognition, fatigue, overactive bladder, and tingling limbs. Low levels of hormones can cause pain receptors to be more active and cause inflammation, and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help patients to rebalance hormones, which can reduce pain and inflammation, while improving the immune system.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy uses natural hormones to provide relief from symptoms and to correct hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is an autoimmune condition such as chronic fatigue may be improved with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Chronic fatigue syndrome occurs mostly in women, but it can happen in men as well. While the main symptom is mental and physical fatigue, many of the symptoms seem similar to flu-like symptoms. Typically, in cases of chronic fatigue syndrome, patients can experience swollen lymph nodes, joint pain, muscle aches, headaches, general malaise, unrefreshing sleep, and a poor memory. Because hormones affect the immune system, balancing hormones can help men and women to improve their immune system and reduce the symptoms of chronic fatigue.
- Male Hormone Imbalances
- Male Hormone Imbalances can also be helped with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Like women, men also suffer from hormonal decline, but it tends to occur more gradually in men. Starting in a man’s early forties or fifties, the symptoms and signs of hormonal decline can begin to become apparent. Men may begin to notice that they are gaining weight around the middle, losing muscle mass, and have reduced stamina. Other symptoms of male hormone imbalance may include erectile dysfunction, poor workout performances, low libido, anxiety, lower endurance, depression, poor concentration, and high blood pressure. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help men to replenish deficient hormones and reduce the symptoms of hormone decline.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause occurs in the years before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen. Symptoms can include menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, low libido, vaginal dryness and insomnia. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help ease the side effects of this natural transition.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid disorders are another common issue that men and women can suffer from. Thyroid hormone is one of the most important hormones in the human body because it regulates nearly every aspect of metabolism and regulates fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. Low levels of thyroid hormone can lead to hypothyroidism, which can cause symptoms that include weight gain, intolerance to cold, depression, constipation, cold limbs, irregular periods, and thinning hair.
Hyperthyroidism is the other metabolic issue that can arise due to an imbalance of thyroid hormone. In the condition of hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland produces a high amount of thyroid hormone, which can lead to multiple health issues. Some of the symptoms that can occur with hyperthyroidism can include anxiety, thinning hair, a faster heart rate, increased bowel movements, intolerance to heat, and heart palpitations.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
- Female Hormone Imbalances
- Female Hormone Imbalances usually occur with aging, and in women, perimenopause and menopause are the times when hormones begin to fall out of balance. Perimenopause is the time three to seven years before menopause, and during this time, the ovaries begin to produce less estrogen and progesterone. Women going through perimenopause often experience symptoms that include dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, irregular periods, low libido, vaginal dryness, increased PMS symptoms, migraines, bloating, and water retention. Houston Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Doctors can help women to improve their symptoms and increase overall vitality.
After twelve months of amenorrhea, women transition into menopause, and during this time, the adrenal glands are supposed to take over the production of progesterone and estrogen. However, most women have worn out their adrenals by their fifth or sixth decade and cannot produce an adequate amount of hormones. When this occurs, women begin to experience the symptoms of hormone insufficiencies, which can include insomnia, thinning hair, weight gain, hot flashes, anxiety, depression, night sweats, thinning bones, vaginal dryness, and low libido. A Houston Bioidentical Doctor can help women to improve their overall quality of life and reduce the symptoms of menopause.
Houston Bioidentical Doctors can help women and men in the Neartown, Uptown, Greenspoint, and Westchase Houston areas to correct the symptoms of hormone imbalances and increase their quality of life and vitality.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can transform the way you look & feel. Contact a Houston, Texas Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today and start feeling like your best self.